Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A purple synthetic dye used in the treatment of trypanosome blood infection, to stain DNA, and to destroy the superhelical structure of DNA. It is a derivative of phenanthridine.
- ‘Cell viability was assessed as soon as possible after the treatments with a mix of fluorescein diacetate and ethidium bromide.’
- ‘The gel was stained with ethidium bromide to identify the chromosomal pattern specific for each strain.’
- ‘DNA bands were stained with ethidium bromide and visualized under UV irradiation.’
- ‘The gel was stained after electrophoresis with ethidium bromide and photographed.’
- ‘Gels were stained with ethidium bromide, visualized under UV light, and photographed.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips