Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Chromosome material which does not stain strongly except during cell division. It represents the major genes and is involved in transcription.
- ‘This can be expected, since different chromosomes in a genome can have different organizations of genes, euchromatin, and heterochromatin.’
- ‘The wavy line represents euchromatin of chromosome 2.’
- ‘Position-effect variegation results from the juxtaposition of euchromatin and heterochromatin by chromosome rearrangement or transposon insertion.’
- ‘Further, in most organisms there is a virtual absence of exchange in heterochromatin and a reduction of exchange frequencies in euchromatin that lies near chromosomal elements such as centromeres and telomeres.’
- ‘The greater proximity of the centromere could cause suppression of recombination in the proximal euchromatin of fusion chromosomes.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips