Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
(of an aquatic organism) able to tolerate a wide range of salinity.
- ‘Although these represent a small number of the euryhaline species, they are widely separated in the evolution of teleosts, suggesting that the osmoregulatory action of GH and IGFI may also be widespread among teleosts.’
- ‘The crustacean hepatopancreas expresses a variety of transporters, but little attention has been paid to their possible involvement in osmoregulation by euryhaline species.’
- ‘Marine sponges are an essential and highly diverse component of marine benthic communities, ranging from the euryhaline estuarine, to intertidal, to the deep-sea.’
- ‘Similar phenomena occur in terrestrial and euryhaline aquatic isopods.’
- ‘Species that are able to efficiently osmoregulate are generally euryhaline.’
Late 19th century from Greek eurus ‘wide’ + halinos ‘of salt’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips