Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Excessive richness of nutrients in a lake or other body of water, frequently due to run-off from the land, which causes a dense growth of plant life.
- ‘Algal blooms, toxin production and eutrophication (water pollution caused by excessive plant nutrients) occur as a result of this phosphorous.’
- ‘Nutrient pollution or eutrophication is caused by the massive discharges of nitrates and phosphates into the environment.’
- ‘In our study area, eutrophication promotes excessive growth of filamentous green algae in shallow coastal areas during late spring and early summers.’
- ‘Phosphorus applied to fields as manure or commercial fertilizer can move into bodies of water during erosion and runoff events, and is largely responsible for the accelerated eutrophication of many bodies of water in Ohio.’
- ‘At present, the most common and serious anthropogenic perturbation of lakes is eutrophication due to increased nutrient availability.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips