Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
The process by which water is transferred from the land to the atmosphere by evaporation from the soil and other surfaces and by transpiration from plants.
- ‘In the simulation of stomatal conductance, the Jarvis model has been applied widely to studies of evapotranspiration, land surface processes and the biogeochemical cycle.’
- ‘Tropical forests also maintain a balance of species by providing pest control services, and they regulate surface temperatures and local and regional climates through the process of evapotranspiration.’
- ‘Moreover, fewer trees in cities reduce shading and evapotranspiration, in which plants use up heat by, essentially, sweating.’
- ‘It categorises climate by balancing the rainfall, potential evapotranspiration and soil water-holding capacity.’
- ‘Water use or evapotranspiration is composed of two parts, transpiration from the plant and evaporation from the soil surface.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips