Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
(of a file or program) able to be run by a computer.
- ‘But because they contain instructions for a computer's processor, executable files are less forgiving of tampering.’
- ‘Sophos said users should routinely delete unsolicited emails containing executable files.’
- ‘Documents, pictures and even executable programs are easy to conceptualize as files on your hard disk.’
- ‘The fix requires customers to download an executable file to the desktop, and then reboot the PC.’
- ‘This small executable file which is conductive to traditional worm propagation vector such as e-mail file attachments.’
An executable file or program.
- ‘Having identified a PC, the client agent then performs a full audit of the machine, recording everything from the serial number to a complete list of all software executables and file types located on the hard disk.’
- ‘There's little legitimate reason to send executables or screensavers via email but these routes of distribution are frequently used by virus writers.’
- ‘Business users are advised to filter for Windows executables and zip files in their email.’
- ‘Be wary of downloading executables or documents from the internet, as these can often harbour computer viruses.’
- ‘The text tries to convince the user to run the executable, which then encrypts all executable files, rendering them unusable.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips