Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A female executor of a will.
- ‘She continued to draw income support after her mother's death and after the grant of probate to her mother's will of which she was an executrix as well as a beneficiary.’
- ‘By now you will have figured out that I am John's executrix, responsible for overseeing the final closing down of his business and his estate.’
- ‘She is one of the executrices of her late father's estate and the proposal cannot proceed without her concurrence.’
- ‘His will indicates large debts owed by him and to him ‘which no-one but my wife understands, where or how to receive pay or take in’, for which reason he made her executrix.’
- ‘As executrix you are required to value the home on the inventory you file with the court, so you could simply divide that number by four and base your offer on that value.’
Late Middle English from late Latin, from Latin executor (see executor).
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips