Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A process by which the contents of a cell vacuole are released to the exterior through fusion of the vacuole membrane with the cell membrane.
- ‘Membrane fusion is a key event in many essential cell processes, such as exocytosis, endocytosis, membrane recycling, protein sorting and transport, fertilization, and cell division.’
- ‘In the studies cited, only the intensity of fluorescence was used to observe the metabolism, exocytosis and phagocytosis of cells.’
- ‘Planar-supported membranes provide an interesting and very useful new approach to study the complex molecular machinery of exocytosis and membrane fusion.’
- ‘Synaptic nerve terminals and neuroendocrine cells rely on continuous vesicle cycling to support sustained exocytosis and transmitter release.’
- ‘Urea and lysozyme secretion were dose dependent in all groups, suggesting that serous cell exocytosis was one source of urea after neural stimulation.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips