Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A rigid external covering for the body in some invertebrate animals, especially arthropods.
- ‘The trilobites comprise a major class-level clade of extinct marine arthropods characterized by calcareous, multisclerite, dorsal exoskeletons.’
- ‘Lobsters, like all animals with exoskeletons, periodically shed their armor as they grow.’
- ‘In these specimens the external surface of the exoskeleton is present, unless complete or partial exfoliation is noted.’
- ‘The hard parts may be mineralized, as in the shells of bivalves, or composed of organic material, such as the chitin that makes up the exoskeleton of arthropods.’
- ‘The advantage of an internal skeleton is that it allows the animal to grow much larger than is the case with the arthropod type exoskeleton.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips