The point on the celestial sphere where the path of the sun crosses the celestial equator from south to north in March, marking the zero point of right ascension. Owing to precession of the equinoxes it has moved from Aries into Pisces, and is now approaching Aquarius.
- ‘The astrological sign in which the First Point of Aries resides determines our current ‘Age.’’
- ‘The First Point of Aries really was in Aries when it was named roughly 2,000 years ago.’
- ‘Because astrologers still calculate from the First Point of Aries instead of the current March equinox location in Pisces, all modern horoscopes have shifted out of phase with the actual stars.’
- ‘The First Point of Aries also marks the Celestial Meridian, which is the zero-point for calculations of Right Ascension.’
- ‘For historical reasons the vernal equinox is still referred as the First Point of Aries.’