1A scene in a movie, novel, etc., set in a time earlier than the main story.‘in a series of flashbacks, we follow the pair through their teenage years’
- ‘the movie tells the story in flashback’
- 1.1A disturbing sudden vivid memory of an event in the past, typically as the result of psychological trauma or taking LSD.
2A flame moving rapidly back through a combustible vapour.
- ‘cooling the area prevented a flashback’
intransitive verb[no object]
1Move to a scene in a movie, novel, etc. that is set in a time earlier than the main story.
- ‘we flashbacked to a pivotal, defining moment in his life’
- 1.1Experience a sudden vivid memory of an event in the past.‘I flashbacked to the night we arrived here several years ago’
- ‘my brain was constantly flashbacking to the beginning of the tour’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips