Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
An additive, e.g. monosodium glutamate, used to intensify or improve the flavor of food.
- ‘Wheat gluten has also been used as a cattle feed and as a starting point for the manufacture of the food flavour enhancer, monosodium glutamate.’
- ‘It acts as a flavour enhancer for other fruit when it is cooked or used with other ingredients.’
- ‘Sodium chloride is probably best known as a flavor enhancer in foods, but its addition to foods also helps to preserve the food from decay.’
- ‘Adding flavor enhancers that amplify the intensity of food odor may be useful in patients with hyposmia.’
- ‘During the study, different flavor enhancers will be used, including enhancers that taste like kiwi, almond, cheddar cheese, pistachio, and cocoa.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips