Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
A data file containing computer animations.
Usage of the cinematographic sense of flick.
A French policeman.
- ‘Les flic were starting to put barricades up across the road.’
- ‘Les flics were following the Palestinian, not the Australian, and found them in the cot when they kicked down the door in a cheap Paris hotel.’
- ‘So, from a blurred photocopy of a fax that was passed on to our source by a friendly flic in a smoke-filled bar in Montmartre and then dictated over an iffy phone link, here is the speech.’
- ‘The French police have recently cracked down on speeding on the autoroute and ‘Oh, pardon, monsieur, my speedometer is mildly eccentric’ will not cut much ice with les flics.’
- ‘Naceri, Diefenthal and assorted flics follow in the supercharged taxi.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips