Relating to or concerned with the addition of recorded sound effects after the shooting of a film.‘the aural details that foley artists duplicate’
- ‘Most of the foley work was recorded in the same rooms where the scenes were actually shot.’
- ‘Dialogue was clear and the foley effects approached naturalism.’
- ‘When you hear that sound in the movies, it is usually due to foley effects.’
- ‘We did almost no foley work other than punch and stab sounds, and there was no ADR or looping of any kind.’
- ‘Actors, foley artist and musician work well together and everyone looks as if they are having great fun.’
Named after the US film technician Jack Foley (1891–1967), the inventor of the process.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips