Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A vitamin of the B complex, found especially in leafy green vegetables, liver, and kidney.
- ‘Dietary sources of folic acid include green leafy vegetables, breakfast cereals and bread.’
- ‘In people with vitamin B - 12 deficiency, giving folic acid does much more than mask any anaemia.’
- ‘When stored in the liver or ingested folic acid exists in a polyglutamate form.’
- ‘Conversely, her dietary intake of calcium, folic acid, fiber and vitamins is low.’
- ‘To produce red blood cells, the body needs iron, vitamin B12 and folic acid.’
1940s folic from Latin folium ‘leaf’+ -ic.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips