Basic Guidelines For Spanish PronunciationsREAD THIS ARTICLE
A prefixed title given to an Italian monk or friar.‘Fra Angelico’
- ‘The museum dedicated to Fra Angelico was opened in the 1920's with the help of various financial sources.’
- ‘The same effect is used in others of Fra Giovanni's panels.’
- ‘With its tender, intimate mood, the subject was disseminated and promoted by the preaching orders such as the Dominicans, to which Fra Angelico belonged, as well as the Augustinians and Franciscans.’
- ‘The paintings of Fra Carnevale include striking examples of architectural fantasy and expertly calculated mathematical perspective.’
- ‘In Fra Angelico's convent of San Marco at Florence there are several choir books with breathtaking illuminations from his hand, like some others in San Domenico at Fiesole on which he worked with incredible diligence.’
Italian, abbreviation of frate ‘brother’, from Latin frater.