Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
The simultaneous or repeated occurrence of boils on the skin.
- ‘The differential diagnosis includes furunculosis, infected epidermoid cysts and granulomatous disease.’
- ‘HD is a well known Chinese folk medicine used for the treatment of various diseases including hepatitis, tonsillitis, sore throat, appendicitis, urethral infection, contusions, furunculosis and cancers, etc.’
- ‘Further investigation also confirmed that anal furunculosis is frequently accompanied with IBD.’
- ‘This disease is a localized folliculitis, which is an inflammation of the hair follicle, and furunculosis or rupture of the hair follicle restricted to the chin and lips.’
- ‘If bacteria cause the interdigital furunculosis, there may be several nodules with new lesions developing as others resolve.’
2A bacterial disease of salmon and trout.
- ‘In the meantime, new diseases like furunculosis, infectious pancreatic necrosis, infectious salmon anaemia and cardiomyopathy syndrome are surfacing at regular intervals.’
- ‘Farmed fish contracted antibiotic-resistant strains of furunculosis, a fatal disease that produces ugly skin ulcers; wild salmon that migrated past their pens also contracted the disease.’
- ‘Although A. salmonicida is well known as the causative agent for the disease furunculosis in salmonids, it can also manifest itself with other conditions in non-salmonids.’
- ‘To date, there have been no reports of ‘typical’ furunculosis in salmonids in Australia, despite many attempts to isolate the organism.’
- ‘In the former season 96 salmon kelts were examined and 85 of these had furunculosis; in the latter season, up to the time of going to press, 9 out of 24 kelts examined had furunculosis.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips