Understanding Spanish On The Internet And In Email
1A building for housing a motor vehicle or vehicles.a detached house with an integral garage; a bus garage
car port, lock-updepot, terminus, terminal, base, headquarters
- Ensure all doors and windows are secured and buildings like sheds, garages and outhouses have good quality locks and even alarms fitted.
- We built office buildings, parking garages, and prisons.
- Many fires started when lava ignited gasoline stored in buildings and garages in this eastern Congo town.
- Its outbuildings include a double garage, greenhouse, potting shed, kennels and workshop.
- One of their cars is at their apartment, and the other parked in the garage of the apartment building where Joe and I live.
- It is the largest building occupied by Laois Civil Defence and contains two vehicle garages and lecture room.
- The new building will include facilities for visiting surveyors, offices, rescue team equipment, a garage for three vehicles and a workshop.
- Ford tucked the photograph and the address into his jacket and headed to the garage below his apartment building.
- To the left of the driveway a cubic building, housing the garage and chauffeur's flat above, guards the courtyard just beyond.
- Zoning permits carriage houses, thus providing flexible space for a home office, an in-law apartment, or affordable rental housing above garages.
- Both homes will have integral garages to the front, and will share driveway access from a new entrance on Shady Lane.
- In addition to the existing pub there are two garages and offices, as well as housing.
- There is also a range of stone outbuildings including a coach house, two garages, a workshop and log store.
- The garages are behind a building company premises.
- Bloomfield is a two-storey Victorian building with garages, courtyard and conservatory and has been vacant for two years.
- Retrospective planning permission for the garage and underneath storage building, which is on green belt land, had already been refused.
- She said the van of her boyfriend had been damaged three nights in a row while it was parked on the street and he had now been forced to rent a garage to keep his vehicle safe.
- The Council's executive member for the environment appealed to drivers to put their vehicles in driveways and garages to keep roads clear for gritting.
- The remaining outbuildings include a garage, barn, two fowl houses, two stables, four old stores and two boathouses.
- It boasts many outbuildings, a guest house, workshop, garages and even air raid bunkers.
- 1.1An establishment that provides services and repairs for motor vehicles.But perhaps the main reason why most people shy away from LPG conversions is that it is sometimes difficult to find a garage that sells the fuel.; The study in France found a link between cases of acute leukaemia among youngsters and how close they lived to a petrol station or a garage carrying out car repairs.; The garage is selling petrol at 97.9 cent per litre.; Why is Belmont Motors the only garage getting fuel?; Another problem faced by drivers was grit and dirt being thrown up from the roads and plastering windscreens and there were even reports of motorists queuing at garages to buy screenwash.; Wigan and Oldham are the best places in the area to fill up if you are looking to save the pennies, with the cheapest garages there selling unleaded petrol at 79.9p a litre.; Independent garages that want to service, repair or sell a variety of marques will need to invest in many areas.; He said the garage had stopped selling petrol and closed its small convenience store in December last year, but still operated as an MOT and repair workshop.; Shell currently supplies fuel to the garage but there is no long-term arrangement in place and purchasers can link up to any fuel company they like.; When I buy a car, I don't expect that I'll have to keep returning it to the garage for constant repairs.; Another example of a possessory lien is if you take your truck to a garage for repairs, the garage can keep possession of your truck until you pay the repair bill.; There was a garage for repairs, petrol pumps, a shop, taxi service and private cars for hire.; Having sold a chain of garages and moved into property ownership, Paul has devoted more time to the race and developed a business helping others to get their rally adventures off the ground.; That meant the companies' own garages got fuel cheaper than independent rivals, who were priced out of the market.; She added that the town had lost garages, hotels and workshops needed to ensure Ilkley was a balanced and independent community.; Schools, supermarkets, banks, post offices, garages, buses, the passenger rail service and others are all expected to be slowed down by absent workers.; If we are not careful we will end up with a town full of houses and nothing else, as hotels, garages, nursing homes, pubs, clubs, churches and shops succumb to the smug economic reality of spiralling property prices.; The only place the councils should be getting involved here is with the existing Trading Standards officers that they control to clamp down on garages who pass these vehicles on their annual test.; We submitted a vehicle to seven garages, all of which failed to spot at least one significant fault identified by a senior RAC inspector as MOT fails.; Craven District Council made its garage available so that vehicles could be thoroughly checked, as the council and the local taxi owners are keen to see that all taxis are safe.petrol station, service station
2(garage rock)A style of unpolished, energetic rock music associated with suburban amateur bands.a garage band
- After literally half an hour The Kills left the stage but in such a short time they had certainly convinced the audience that they are not just another garage rock band looking to make a fast buck on the style bandwagon.
- Its rough and edgy production makes the record sound perfect for the demented brand of new wave garage rock the band were practicing at the time.
- Nearly three years ago, they had hopped on the Whites Stripes wagon of American garage rock under a band name of Pavor.
- The bass player plays some gnarly fuzz bass that underscores the band's songs and adds rumble to the band's garage rock sound.
- Like any self-respecting garage rock band, they take it to every track, with no breaks for sissy ballads.
- The Pedestrians are a similar ilk of kitchen sink tales set to garage rock and new wave styling.
- In one short year, the band apparently got a grip on their distinctive mix of garage rock, rockabilly, and crude humor - and crowds were apparently taking notice.
- Sonic Youth's 19th album doesn't break any new ground, but it does serve as a reminder that the band invented this style of music - garage rock with avant-garde scope and ambition.
- All members had good record collections and remained committed to a specific musical narrative that began with garage rock and the Velvet Underground.
- Whilst garage rock has blustered into the mainstream, this is a band that has more or less written the book on 21st century glittered, gutter level, punk with an IQ.
- The band, a stunning combination of garage rock simplicity and punk attitude is also steeped to the gills in 1960s style soul.
- Old school garage rock may be fun and sloppy, but the amateur aesthetic has its limits when one hits a professional stage.
- A substantial percentage of garage rock fans are considerably younger than the music they enjoy, so nostalgia is obviously not a factor.
- Tacking on vibraphones to clumsy, endlessly repetitive garage rock does nothing but emphasize the complete lack of original ideas that plagues this album.
- If you're in the market for an answer to the sometimes-lackluster garage rock offerings, Reigning Sound might be just what you're looking for.
- The relaxed instrumentation elevates the insightful vocals, creating a sound best described as progressive garage rock.
- The spunky ‘Vertigo’ is a breezy sprint through jagged, two-chord garage rock.
- Both artists are born out of DJ culture and enjoy wildly diverse musical tastes, which isn't to say that this is merely a voguish rediscovery of garage rock.
- In short, this is about as idiosyncratic as garage rock gets.
- The White Stripes cannot single-handedly satiate one man's desire for primal garage rock.
3(UK garage)A form of dance music incorporating elements of drum and bass, house music, and soul, characterized by a rhythm in which the second and fourth beats of the bar are omitted.
1Put or keep (a motor vehicle) in a garage.the car needn't be garaged in the winter
- During the trial period the test car was not garaged, but exposed to moderately cold Michigan weather and one light snowfall.
- Sadly it seems that unless your car is garaged overnight you may, in future, have to take a quick peek at the front of your motor each morning to check that all is well.
- She let her employment contract run out, rented out her house and garaged the car.
- In Class One, the Buggies up to 6000 cc, former winners Mark and Michael will again be at the start line in their MBR Jimco, which is normally garaged in Burrumbeet, Victoria.
- The Ford is garaged every night and it is always in good running order.
- It is only used as a fine-weather car and is garaged.
- The lion's share of theft takes place outside people's homes, so insurers may be reluctant to give cover to a bike that is not garaged at night.
- The vehicles will actually be garaged at Bramley station but in terms of cover this standby point will provide the same as a small ambulance station, which is what we would class the old Horsforth station as.
- Data showed that consumers wanted year-round performance in a sedan or coupe, rather than purchasing a sport utility while garaging their existing rear-wheel-drive luxury car.
- To stay a week in 1946 was five guineas all inclusive of breakfast, lunch, tea and dinner, plus one and six to garage the car.
- We all have the right to pass along it unhindered and no one has the right to garage their car permanently on the highway.
- As it isn't, it could be something unusual that occurs only when you garage the car.
- When I was in high school a friend drove a 1970 Impala that his gearhead dad had kept garaged for years.
- Additional security measures, such as garaging the car, can also bring down premiums.
- I drive a Fiat Brava, garaged in one of the lowest risk areas in Britain.
- Capable of garaging the team's four Land Rovers, its extensive rescue gear, the base now boasts a control room, offices, meeting room, kitchen, showers, and a place for relatives to wait pending news of a recovery operation.
- One day, he announced that he was buying a motorcycle combination, and that he would have to build a shed to garage it.
Early 20th century from French, from garer ‘to shelter’.