Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A gelatin capsule containing liquid medication or other substance to be taken orally.
- ‘Capsules or gelcaps of undecylenic acid should not be opened and mixed with food or drink as the taste and odor is objectionable and it may also be irritating to mucous membranes.’
- ‘For years, we've swallowed their products, whether in pill, capsule, or gelcap, and what have they done for us?’
- ‘Supplements are ingested in the form of a capsule, powder, soft gel, or gelcap.’
- ‘It is available in gelcaps, but it's more practical to take in granular form.’
- ‘You can just buy those gelcaps, cut them open, and use the gooey stuff inside.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips