Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
The genetic constitution of an individual organism.
- ‘What evidence to you have that the genotype of such organisms has not evolved?’
- ‘Phenotypic plasticity enables individuals or genotypes to assume obviously different phenotypes during the life cycle.’
- ‘To determine the haplotypes of an individual, the genotypes of both parents may be required.’
- ‘These strains offer the genetic reproducibility that is so valuable in lab mice, but with a wider variety of genotypes and phenotypes.’
- ‘If a hypolipidaemic drug were found to be effective in only one genetic subgroup the genotypes would be of more interest.’
Investigate the genetic constitution of (an individual organism)‘the person appointed will be responsible for maintaining and genotyping many different lines of zebra fish’
- ‘Eighteen microsatellites were genotyped in order to investigate which population of the adjacent countries was the possible source.’
- ‘All other plants from crosses involving a resistant mutant line were genotyped.’
- ‘Many rams have already been genotyped for their ability to pass on resistance to scrapie.’
- ‘The lines are for when the cost of genotyping a single marker is expressed in the units of the cost of rearing.’
- ‘This analysis was preceded by genotyping the main ancestors of the southern soybean gene pool for the flanking markers.’
Early 20th century from German Genotypus, from Greek genos ‘race, offspring’ + -tupos ‘type’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips