1get into someone(of a feeling) affect, influence, or take control of someone.‘I don't know what's gotten into him’
- ‘So here I am, sitting on my bed, wondering what could have possibly gotten into him.’
- ‘Jax had no idea what had gotten into him tonight, but whatever it was, he had certainly liked it.’
- ‘I don't know what has gotten into him, he seemed sane six years ago, but there is no way he is sane now.’
- ‘She didn't know what had gotten into him but he seemed to have changed right after she left home.’
- ‘I don't know what got into me but just this once I managed to see ourselves as others might.’
2get into somethingStart discussing a subject extensively.
- ‘I don't want to get into it until we have more concrete information’
3get into somethinginformal Become interested in something.
- ‘I'm really getting into jazz these days’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips