Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A fishing net which is hung vertically so that fish get trapped in it by their gills.
- ‘Speaking as a former bailiff in the region, I can assure you that many island crofters prefer the use of a gill net to a fishing rod.’
- ‘The monofilament gill net is an unforgiving device, designed to snag and tear the gills.’
- ‘The main focus of most efforts to restrict gear is the gill net, considered to be the main cause of the depletion of local fisheries.’
- ‘Fishermen use weirs, traps, gill nets, and dip nets for alewives, which they consider one of the easiest fish to catch.’
- ‘Bat rays are often caught in trawling and gill nets as unwanted by-catch.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips