Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Inflammation of the tongue.
- ‘Among these lesions, angular stomatitis and glossitis were more prevalent than flattening of the fingernails.’
- ‘She also had painful glossitis and angular stomatitis.’
- ‘A diet deficient in niacin (as well as tryptophan) leads to glossitis of the tongue, dermatitis, weight loss, diarrhea, depression and dementia.’
- ‘This is a painful condition where lesions develop at the corners of your lips, and glossitis (inflammation of the tongue) can also occur.’
- ‘The patient may experience glossitis, or cracking at the edges of the mouth, and he or she may lose hair or the luster of the hair may change.’
Early 19th century from Greek glōssa ‘tongue’ + -itis.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips