Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
The simplest naturally occurring amino acid, which is a constituent of most proteins.
Chemical formula: H₂NCH₂COOH
- ‘Also, a combination of the amino acids glycine, alanine and glutamic acid can relieve symptoms of prostatitis.’
- ‘These are the proteins cysteine, glycine, glutamic acid and the antioxidant metal selenium.’
- ‘All of these silks are composed of protein chains in which the amino acids glycine, alanine, and serine dominate.’
- ‘The overall photorespiratory cycle is also linked to amino acid metabolism in that glycine, serine, glutamate, and glutamine are metabolized at high rates.’
- ‘The first five amino acids obtained were glycine, proline, threonine, glycine, and threonine.’
Mid 19th century from Greek glukus ‘sweet’ + -ine.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips