Basic Guidelines For Spanish PronunciationsREAD THIS ARTICLE
US spelling of grey
The SI unit of the absorbed dose of ionizing radiation, corresponding to one joule per kilogram.
- ‘The sievert is numerically equivalent to the gray for electrons and for X-rays irradiating the whole body.’
- ‘Radiation doses are measured in rads or grays, where 1 gray equals 100 rads.’
- ‘Thus for these particular radiations the dose equivalent in sieverts is numerically equal to the absorbed dose in grays.’
- ‘When a doctor prescribes a treatment he will define it in terms of dose in Grays required at a point.’
- ‘To calculate the dose equivalent one of the workers would receive in sieverts, you would need to multiply the dose in grays, by the quality factor.’
1970s named after Louis H. Gray (1905–65), English radiobiologist.