Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A numerical code used in computing in which consecutive integers are represented by binary numbers differing in only one digit.
- ‘The standard remedy is an alternative to the ordinary binary numbers called a Gray code, which replaces the cliffs with gentler slopes.’
- ‘He popularized the application of Gray codes to puzzle solving.’
- ‘Unusual number system bases and Gray codes are described in detail in two chapters.’
- ‘The gray code is sometimes referred to as reflected binary, because the first eight values compare with those of the last 8 values, but in reverse order.’
- ‘The geometry is intriguing, and there are interesting connections with Gray codes and even with the I Ching, but I'm not so sure that biologists will find the concept useful.’
1950s named after Frank Gray (1887–1969), American physicist.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips