Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A book of magic spells and invocations.
- ‘For years, I performed rituals from Pagan grimoires and read incantations to Bast, Diana / Artemis, and Hecate.’
- ‘Wandered into a bookstore yesterday and found this book by S.L. MacGregor Mathers, supposedly a grimoire he translated from original French and Latin of a manuscript in the Library of Paris in the early nineteen hundreds.’
- ‘She then set them down on a piece of white paper next to a bottle and flipped through her grimoire until she found the spell she wanted.’
- ‘She began to look through her grimoire, hoping to find some information on her predicament.’
- ‘Most grimoires were written between the late-medieval period and the 18th century and are associated with ceremonial or ritual magick.’
Mid 19th century French, alteration of grammaire ‘grammar’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips