Basic Guidelines For Writing In SpanishREAD THIS ARTICLE
another term for moonrat
- ‘Hedgehogs and gymnures range in size from that of a mouse to a small rabbit.’
- ‘Mammalian species include shrews and gymnures, bats, rats, squirrels, ungulates, civet cats and deer.’
- ‘Belonging to the same family as hedgehogs and gymnures, the Dinagat moonrat has stiff bristly or spiny fur on its back, which is generally golden brown with black speckling.’
- ‘A deep ravine to the right (if facing uphill) is good for kingfishers, flycatchers and gymnures.’
- ‘Other primarily montane species include the gymnure, siamang, and red-cheeked squirrel.’
Late 19th century from modern Latin Gymnura (former genus name), from Greek gumnos ‘naked’ + oura ‘tail’.