1A collection of traditions containing sayings of the prophet Muhammad which, with accounts of his daily practice (the Sunna), constitute the major source of guidance for Muslims apart from the Koran.
- ‘Many of the country's laws are based on the Koran and the Hadith, a collection of Mohammed's sayings.’
- ‘It involved quotations from the Koran and references to the life of Mohammed and the Hadith of the prophet, which together form the basis of Islamic Sharia law.’
- ‘For this promise Muslims must read the Hadith, traditional sayings traced to Muhammad.’
- ‘The bulk of what people regard as Islamic law are laws that were developed beyond the Koran and the Hadith, the teachings of the prophet.’
- ‘The Hadith mentions that the Prophet's women audience asked him to clarify what he said.’
- ‘In one, a teacher read by the hour from the Hadith, a collection of the sayings of the Prophet Mohammed, while hundreds of students sat on the floor, listening respectfully.’
- ‘The opposition to figuration in Islam is based not on Qur'anic scripture but on various Traditions of the Prophet, the Hadith.’
- ‘In addition to the Qur'an, shariah is based on the Hadith, a complementary collection of sayings, and the Sunnah, which are practices of Islam's founder, the Prophet Muhammad.’
- ‘Is there any reference to this in the Qur'an or the Hadith?’
- ‘Please explain this in the light of the Qur'an and the Hadith.’
- ‘You cannot justify your stand by any means in the light of the Quran and the Hadith.’
- ‘Delving into the prophecies of the Qur'an and the Hadith literature can be helpful at times, but it seems as though it can be harmful as well.’
- ‘Muslims ultimately derive the law, as well as broad ethical principles, from two sources: the Quran and the Hadiths, anecdotes concerning the sayings and actions of the Prophet Muhammad.’
- ‘There are many Hadiths mentioning several formulae of the Prophet's supplication at various times of the day.’
- ‘This Hadith simply describes the way the Prophet sat on this particular occasion.’
- ‘This Hadith tells us that life in the Prophet's home was not one of comfort and luxury.’
- ‘Learning of the Hadiths of the Prophet was next in line.’
- ‘Therefore, the Hadith should be interpreted in context of religious teachings and practices.’
- 1.1Any of the sayings from the Hadith.
- ‘In the first chapter of this book which consists of twenty pages, he discusses various Hadith and Tafaseer dealing with the excellence and importance of India.’
- ‘Each Hadith comes with its line of transmission that leads directly to Prophet Muhammad or his companions.’
- ‘They also questioned me about the nature of the Arabic material I had with me in my car, the prayer card, as well as a small book of Hadith.’
- ‘According to one Hadith (saying of the Prophet), the entire humanity on this planet is but one community.’
From Arabic ḥadīṯ ‘tradition’.
Are You Learning Spanish? See Our Spanish Content Below!