Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A book recording the pedigrees of cattle, goats, or other livestock.
- ‘A breed has been bred in controlled conditions, with documentation in the form of a herd book.’
- ‘The first livestock breed to receive this kind of formal attention was the shorthorn cow, the subject of a herd book published in 1822.’
- ‘The company provides herd book, field, and station tests and artificial insemination and conducts a national pig-breeding program in Switzerland.’
- ‘This will greatly improve the quality of breeding and management information available to farmers through milk recording, herd books and A.I. in the future.’
- ‘In livestock populations this may be realistic, where the recent bottleneck is due to the introduction of herd books.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips