Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
1A person or thing that honks.‘There were no people who were loud and annoying; there were no cars honking their honkers; and most of all, no brothers who read your diaries.’
- ‘The glaring lights and the loud noises of the vehicles, the demonic screeches of the honkers and the non-stop blaring of the speakers at the canteen made sleep impossible.’
- ‘As a result, police recently materialised on Clinton Street and began handing out tickets to honkers.’
- 1.1North American informal A wild goose.
- ‘There are still some honkers feeding in fresh cut corn, but most ducks have headed south.’
- ‘It's the time of the year when you'd normally be hearing the call of honkers overhead.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips