Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A large pistol carried at the pommel of the saddle by a rider.
- ‘The horse pistol in question was a brand new, lightweight Smith & Wesson.44 Magnum ‘Mountain Gun.’’
- ‘She heard his footsteps behind her, and she heard the hammer of the large horse pistol being pulled back.’
- ‘He was the father of one of the alleged victims and he brandished a horse pistol.’
- ‘Great-Granddaddy's horse pistol hangs over the mantle - loaded.’
- ‘Before the Colt Peacemaker came along many of that era's handguns were called ‘horse pistols’ because they were intended to be carried in saddle holsters and not on the person.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips