Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A person who cultivates the land; a farmer.
- ‘Labourers are they who provide us with sustenance, the ploughmen and husbandmen devoted to that alone.’
- ‘Most people in Brand are husbandmen and artisans of many a craft, who spend their entire lives within sight of their homes.’
- ‘They employ also a great number of manufacturers and tradesmen, and lastly the class of laboring husbandmen.’
- ‘Howbeit, I have nothing to do with the governor and council; they have their own ways, and are no rule for a simple husbandman like me.’
- ‘Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips