Basic Guidelines For Spanish PronunciationsREAD THIS ARTICLE
plural nountreated as singular
The process of growing plants in sand, gravel, or liquid, with added nutrients but without soil.
- ‘He said processes such as hydroponics and growboxes are big cash generators but require start-up capital.’
- ‘He later branched into dog-breeding and vegetables grown by hydroponics.’
- ‘Don't forget alternatives like hydroponics, water gardens, air gardens etc.’
- ‘When Barkman began to turn his attention to raising greenhouse vegetables, he started researching hydroponics which struck him as the best way to proceed.’
- ‘A group of urban youngsters has turned a vacant piece of ground into a viable vegetable farm using hydroponics.’