Basic Guidelines For Writing In SpanishREAD THIS ARTICLE
Excessive physical sensitivity, especially of the skin.
- ‘Areas of hyperesthesia should be noted and a search made for herniae.’
- ‘Pain and hyperesthesia induce reflex muscle spasms, which leads to voluntary guarding.’
- ‘A few hours later the familiar scalp hyperaesthesia started.’
- ‘They were exquisitely tender and there was adjacent hyperaesthesia.’
- ‘She has an area of hyperesthesia, which has made it difficult for her to tolerate any direct pressure to the region, be it clothing, chairs, etc.’
Mid 19th century from hyper-‘above normal’ + Greek aisthēsis ‘sensation’.