Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
An excess of glucose in the bloodstream, often associated with diabetes mellitus.
- ‘Three key features of diabetic acidosis are hyperglycemia, ketosis, and acidosis.’
- ‘He suffered myocardial infarction in 1994 and has diabetes mellitus, hyperglycemia, hyperlipidemia, and impaired renal function.’
- ‘Cardiovascular disease is substantially increased in diabetes, with hyperglycaemia an independent risk factor.’
- ‘Administration of epinephrine may cause severe hypertension and may cause hyperglycemia in diabetics.’
- ‘The glucose level should be determined to rule out hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia and to help diagnose occult diabetes.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips