Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
The part of the central abdomen which is situated below the region of the stomach.
- ‘We used a trocarless puncture in the hypogastrium to pass the distal aortic clamp.’
- ‘A clinical diagnosis of haemangioma of the pariet al wall of the hypogastrium was made.’
- ‘The jejunum is localised mostly in the left mesogastrium; the ileum in the right meso- and hypogastrium.’
- ‘There is also tenderness on deep pressure over the hypogastrium.’
- ‘In the beginning pain occur in the navel area known as hypogastria.’
Late 17th century modern Latin, from Greek hupogastrion, from hupo ‘under’ + gastēr ‘belly’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips