Basic Guidelines For Writing In SpanishREAD THIS ARTICLE
Fabric made using an Indonesian decorative technique in which warp or weft threads, or both, are tie-dyed before weaving.as modifier ‘ikat weaving’count noun ‘silk ikats’
- ‘The Indonesian touch comes in material similar to ikat (hand woven cloth) and natural colors like brown, red, beige and green.’
- ‘Not far away was a market offering everything under the sun, from dried fish to hand-woven textiles, especially ikat.’
- ‘The duchess changed into a porcelain blue silk dress with hand painted ikat design, hand embroidered with gold thread work for the religious blessing.’
- ‘Short kurtis, the in-thing now, are available in ikat and batik prints.’
- ‘Front and rear it is piled high with coloured ikat woven blankets, tied on with criss-crossed blue plastic string.’
1930s Malay, literally ‘fasten, tie’.