Basic Guidelines For Writing In SpanishREAD THIS ARTICLE
A gathering, usually called by a traditional leader.
- ‘He asked him to arrange an imbizo with traditional leaders, saying there were many questions they wanted to ask.’
- ‘Attending the imbizo were mayors, councillors and ward committees from the OR Tambo District Municipality.’
- ‘‘The meeting (of cabinet) noted that this issue did not arise in any of the imbizos with the mass of the people during the course of last week.’’
- ‘One of the participants at the imbizo complained that though people had cellular phones in this rural and mountainous area, they could not use them.’
- ‘The imbizo is aimed at strengthening ties between government and the public.’
From Zulu biza ‘summon, call’.