Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Tax levied by a government directly on income, especially an annual tax on personal income.
- ‘Most of our revenue is raised through income tax and income tax revenue declines with age.’
- ‘I pay income tax and council tax, portions of which are spent on road maintenance.’
- ‘Reducing marginal rates of income tax, shifting from direct to indirect taxes.’
- ‘The money obtained is regarded as a capital receipt and is not liable to income tax.’
- ‘If you end up paying some income tax on your lump sum, you may be able to claim tax relief at the end of the tax year.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips