Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
1formal Signs, indications, or distinguishing marks.‘learned footnotes and other indicia of scholarship’
- ‘That is why I am about to go through the various indicia which indicate that there is a limited extraterritorial effect in this legislation.’
- ‘Later I suggested a number of indicia for the definition of a political crime.’
- ‘These matters could be incidental indicia of a real partnership, but indicia of substance (partnership accounts, sharing of profits and expenses etc.) are simply not here.’
- ‘The Court of Appeal found the following to be sufficient indicia of threshold reliability to afford the jury a satisfactory basis for evaluating its ultimate reliability.’
- ‘Your Honours are faced with an argument that there is a tort of breach of privacy without the necessary indicia of that which is private, namely, the quality of confidentiality.’
- 1.1US Markings used on address labels or bulk mail as a substitute for stamps.
- ‘These are the indicias your printer needs to use for standard or non-profit mailings.’
- ‘Permit imprint indicias for international mail must be prepared in one of the formats shown in Exhibit 152.34.’
- ‘You can alter the locations and permit number on the indicias we provide to accommodate your mailing house's specifications.’
- ‘There are new regulations from the United States Postal Service that may affect you if you utilize permit imprint indicias to pay for postage.’
- ‘With this indicia every piece of mail 1oz or less will go for $0.39 each.’
Early 17th century plural of Latin indicium, from index, indic- ‘informer, sign’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips