The chemical element of atomic number 49, a soft silvery-white metal occurring naturally in association with zinc and some other metals.
- ‘These elements include mercury, bromine, cadmium, indium, thallium, lead, and bismuth.’
- ‘Their catalyst is a solid solution of zinc sulfide, copper indium sulfide, and silver indium sulfide.’
- ‘Lead alloyed with tin, bismuth, cadmium, indium, or other elements, either alone or in combination, forms alloys with particularly low melting points.’
- ‘Another type of new fluoroanion of aluminum, gallium, and indium have 1-3 perfluorinated fused ring groups and 2-0 perfluorophenyl groups.’
- ‘The fluoroanions of aluminum, gallium, and indium are novel weakly coordinating anions which are are highly fluorinated.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips