Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
That part of the drag on an aerofoil which arises from the development of lift.
- ‘During your takeoff roll, keep the elevator in the neutral position to decrease induced drag.’
- ‘Objects that create lift must also overcome this induced drag, also known as drag-due-to-lift.’
- ‘When the aircraft went into a turn and pulled some Gs, induced drag would be lowered.’
- ‘A reduction in air density results in decreased parasite and profile drag and increased induced drag.’
- ‘At high swimming speeds, the energy lost in overcoming induced drag is lower than for form drag.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips