Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
(of a bivalve shell) having valves of different sizes.
- ‘The shell is strongly inequivalve, the ventral valve being convex and the dorsal one only slightly arched, except for the fold, resulting in an almost opercular aspect.’
- ‘Reticulochlamys zinsmeisteri is easily distinguished from R. borjasensis n. sp., mainly because R. borjasensis has strongly inequivalve shells, with prominent plicae sculptured with scaly riblets.’
- ‘The shell is slightly prosocline, very weakly inflated, and strongly inequivalve, with concave left valve and weakly convex right one.’
- ‘Most scallops have slightly inequivalve shells.’
- ‘Some forms have unequally-sized valves, and are called inequivalve. Chama and the unrelated Cleidothaerus are strongly inequivalve.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips