Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A conjunction of Mercury or Venus with the sun, in which the planet and the earth are on the same side of the sun.
- ‘It follows from this that, each time Venus comes nearest to Earth in an inferior conjunction, the same part of its surface will be pointing towards Earth.’
- ‘Those passages, which take place every 584 days, or about every nineteen months, are known to astronomers as inferior conjunctions.’
- ‘This can only occur when Venus is at her inferior conjunction - and hasn't happened since 1882.’
- ‘On August 5 Mercury reaches inferior conjunction, passing between Earth and the Sun.’
- ‘Mercury is at inferior conjunction on July 6, when it passes between Earth and the Sun.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips