Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A taxonomic category that ranks below a subclass.
- ‘We performed phylogenetic analyses of introns from species from four avian orders that are representative of the two infraclasses within Aves.’
- ‘Names of infraclasses and cohorts within Neornithes are shown.’
- ‘The taxonomic rationale for placement at the infraclass level is discussed in Brower.’
- ‘In all cases, a representative of the mammalian infraclass Metatheria was designated as an outgroup.’
- ‘I'm animal, my phylum is chordata, my subphylum is vertebrate, my class is mammals, sublass theria, infraclass eutheria, within that I'm a primate, and within that I'm human.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips