Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A substance used for inoculation.
- ‘The inoculum used for medical device applications is typically Bacillus spores.’
- ‘The inoculum was injected slowly into the bladder to avoid leakage and the catheter was withdrawn carefully.’
- ‘About 20 percent of cases of this disorder occur in otherwise healthy persons who have received a heavy inoculum.’
- ‘This suspension was the standard inoculum for testing by the method of proportion.’
- ‘The inoculum used in the present study could absorb the MOLT - 4 cells in a 0.001% of serum concentration.’
Early 20th century modern Latin, from Latin inoculare (see inoculate), on the pattern of the pair coagulate, coagulum.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips