Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
1Not consisting of or deriving from living matter.‘They probably developed both as ecological disaster forms and as a consequence of unusual marine chemistry that promoted inorganic and microbial calcification.’‘This neighbor is unable to understand that inorganic divisions amongst this human race, such as alliances, nations, ethnicities, will never stay static.’inanimate, not living, lifeless, dead, defunct, extinct, inertView synonyms
- 1.1Without organized physical structure.
Relating to or denoting compounds which are not organic (broadly, compounds not containing carbon).
- ‘Similarly, if the compound is inorganic, an organic solvent, such as water, is needed.’
- ‘Under sulphur-deficient conditions, reduced protein synthesis is accompanied by the accumulation of organic and inorganic nitrogenous compounds.’
- ‘Both organic and inorganic compounds experience elimination reactions.’
- ‘In the chemistry laboratory, ultraviolet and visible spectroscopy (UV-vis spectroscopy) is used to study molecules and inorganic ions in solution.’
- ‘Addition reactions of inorganic molecules occur when an atom has more than one valence.’
Not explainable by the normal processes of etymology.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips