Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
An organism that supports the immature or non-reproductive forms of a parasite.
- ‘This is because snails are the intermediate host to the parasite, which is released into shallow water, and then infects ducks and people.’
- ‘That the mosquito was the intermediate host of the filarial parasite was a momentous discovery in 1877.’
- ‘Their life cycles depend on domesticated cattle and swine as intermediate hosts.’
- ‘Cats are the usual final host of this protozoan; but other mammals - including humans - and birds, can become intermediate hosts.’
- ‘Our biggest nightmare is that an intermediate host is out there carrying the virus and passing it onto other animals.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips