Basic Guidelines For Spanish PronunciationsREAD THIS ARTICLE
Relating to stimuli produced within an organism, especially in the gut and other internal organs.
- ‘The brainstem and CVO pathways appear to communicate interoceptive stimuli, in that these pathways emanate from structures involved in autonomic regulation and surveillance of blood- or CSF-borne factors.’
- ‘Plans for actions are floated, emotional states begin and both of these feed back into my sensory cortex through the proprioceptive and interoceptive systems respectively.’
- ‘Overall, the ascending brainstem pathways allow for rapid, often direct transmission of interoceptive, arousal, and pain information to the PVN.’
- ‘Chapter 9 introduces the idea of interoceptive exposure and discusses how exposure to uncomfortable physical sensations can help reduce social panic attacks and other problems related to physiological symptoms.’
- ‘In our study, we used the five items of the Private Body Consciousness subscale as a measure of interoceptive awareness.’